Confused About How Mobile Marketing Can Help?
The day has passed when it was appropriate to believe that mobile marketing was simply the next big thing. It’s not just here; it’s growing daily. A survey by the Web.com group tells us that 69 percent of small business owners said that mobile marketing would be very important to their small business in the next five years…however, the majority of them had not even begun to start. The same statistics reveal that 84 percent of those who had a mobile marketing solution reported an increase as a result. It’s clear that we’ve run out of excuses for not employing mobile marketing in our small businesses.
- Mobilize your website and social media pages – Making sure that your website and any significant social media pages, such as your Facebook business page, are optimized for mobile is crucial. Understand that mobile versions of your content really need to be Spartan in size, images smaller, and textual content more brief and concise, so they won’t lose the busy mobile browser.
- Be sure to claim and optimize local listings – It’s insufficient to only have a listing on entities like Google local, Yelp or other local directories, you must make those listings work for you! Keep your info current, and update frequently with new promotions and news.
- Optimize your email – One that frequently gets ignored, optimizing your email for mobile devices is critical as well. eConsultancy tells us that 41 percent of email is now opened on a smartphone or tablet, and of that group, 63 percent close or delete any emails that aren’t mobile optimized. Strive to use one-column layouts, font size of 14, and line spacing to 1.5 for small-screen readability.
- Employ analytics – How can you know if your mobile marketing is paying off? By utilizing an analytics program, like Google Analytics. By using the segmenting and referral tracking within Analytics, where you can follow smartphone and tablet visitors and analyze their onsite behavior, you can see how you’re campaigns are performing.
- Offer great deals – All of us love to get a deal, and there is no one who is more active in this arena than the mobile user. The great thing is that they are very frequently right down the street from you, and ready to buy. Providing awesome offers and coupons may just cause them to pay a visit they otherwise wouldn’t have!